This consultation has now closed
Draft Tin Assessment Criteria Consultation
The International Tin Association (ITA) and the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) share a common objective to encourage and promote responsible production, trade, and sourcing within the tin value chain.
To this effect, ITA and RMI are collaborating on the development of a revised core audit requirement document, now known as the Assessment Criteria for tin smelters. Over the past three months, the ITA and RMI have developed draft Assessment Criteria that are designed to be aligned with the OECD Due Diligence Guidance and meet upstream-downstream expectations.
Summary of Major Revisions
The draft ITA-RMI Tin Assessment Criteria includes the following major revisions, from the 2017 Responsible Minerals Assurance Process (RMAP) Standard:
- Focuses exclusively on the tin value chain
- Re-structured to solely focus on the criteria for determining conformance with the RMAP assessments and audits under the ITA Code of Conduct
- Closer alignment with the OECD 3T Supplement
- Clarifies expectations relating to the OECD red-flag review
- Includes requirements to meet EU Conflict Minerals Regulation
The draft Criteria is available for download HERE.
This consultation has now closed. ITA and RMI hosted a consultation session on the draft ITA-RMI Tin Criteria on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at the OECD Minerals Forum in Paris.
What happens next?
ITA and RMI will jointly review the feedback received and plan to finalise the Tin Criteria in 2019.