International Tin Association (ITA) invites submissions of original presentations bringing ideas or solutions related to responsible tin supply for the opportunity to present at the International Tin Conference 2024: Securing Sustainable Tin Supply, Penang, Malaysia, 14th – 16th May 2024.
The tin industry is facing unprecedented opportunities and challenges from an increasingly complex regulatory landscape and expanding expectations on responsible sourcing including for the global energy transition. Navigating these intricacies requires new commitment, innovation, and support, including for due diligence and on-the-ground activities, to achieve meaningful progress.
We are particularly interested in submissions from companies and experts that address the following themes:
- Distributing costs and value of due diligence through the supply chain
- Prioritising ESG issues to meet investor, downstream or regulatory expectations
- Bringing supply chains closer together to resolve challenges
- Understanding risks and conflict-affected and high-risk areas
- Embedding environmental considerations into mineral due diligence
- Artisanal and small-scale tin mining
- Practical solutions related to responsible tin supply
- Other topic deemed relevant to sustainable tin
Please e-mail your submissions as soon as possible to Sonia Marsh [email protected] Submissions should be synopses of original papers or case studies that preferably relate to the above topics or the tin supply chain. The paper should have a clear structure, well-supported arguments, and relevant references. The maximum length is 2 pages.
Submission Deadline: 9th February 2024
Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of experts from the ITA taking into consideration the full conference agenda.
Notification: Authors will be notified of the decision by 16th February 2024.
Please visit the conference website here for more information on the conference agenda, events and fees- and details on how to register.
We look forward to your submissions, and hope to see you at International Tin Conference 2024 in Penang!