Stanley Whittingham, jointly awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 2019 as one of the founding fathers of lithium-ion batteries, has recently reviewed potential for tin in lithium-ion batteries and reported on his own team's tin R&D. In his paper published in...
Towards the end of the last century, Russia was a significant producer of tin concentrates, supplying both domestic and foreign smelters. However, output fell below 400 tonnes in 2009 and struggled to improve for some time. However, the Russian tin mining industry now...
- Scientists discover why tin harvests heat so well 20 Jan 2021
- Minsur increases production in 2020 despite mine closure 13 Jan 2021
- Sodium-ion battery edges closer to lithium-ion performance with tin 12 Jan 2021
- Alphamin beats guidance, aims to increase production further 11 Jan 2021
- Illuminating research on tin perovskite solar cells 04 Jan 2021
Tin Industry Review 2020
Sixth edition of a series of major studies on the tin market and its outlook published by the International Tin Association since 2008. This 120-page report covers all aspects of the tin market, from global mine production to forecasts for refined tin consumption.
'Connecting Tomorrow' Solders Market Report
New ITA comprehensive market report on tin use in solders
Tin in Lithium-ion Batteries Market Report
A major new study on the outlook for use of tin in lithium-ion batteries
Tin for the Future
3-Page factsheet demonstrating how tin is critical to quality of life in the modern world with statistics on its production, use and recycling.