The International Tin Association (ITA) is the main source of global tin industry market information, including scoping of new technology opportunities for tin. In recent years tracking of tin R&D, patents and markets has highlighted an exciting set of new opportunities in the energy sector, including a significant potential for use in lithium-ion batteries if tin technologies are able to gain market share.
On behalf of its tin producer members ITA is pleased to present this report, comprehensively covering the relevant technologies, markets and exploitation pathways for tin.
This is a major study on the outlook for use of tin in lithium-ion batteries. The 108 page printed report with 458 references is supported with an electronic PDF file. All of the key questions which will determine the future for the tin technologies are considered in depth and answered objectively:
- What are lithium-ion battery technologies and how would tin be used?
- What are the different types of tin product that could be used and how are they made?
- Why would tin be used and what competitive technologies are there?
- What are the potential markets and how will they grow in the future?
- Who are the key players in getting the technologies to market?
- What are the best estimates that can be made for actual future tin use?